L7 Architecture is seeking a passionate and talented individual to join our growing team as an Interior Designer.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Core value-driven culture
- Regular social events
- Collaborative / supportive work environment
- Brand new office with design and collaboration focus
- Professional development opportunities through training courses and mentorship
- Career advancement opportunities
- Diverse duties will allow for growth in a multitude of areas
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Free parking
As an essential member of our team, The Interior Designer is responsible for space planning and finish selection on projects at the firm. This process begins with understanding client goals and selecting for walls, ceilings, lightings, millwork, covering paints; furniture and/or office supply furniture and hardware. The Interior Designer interprets the clients’ wants/needs in relation to interior look and feel and proposes ideas and solutions for review with the assigned Project Manager, as well as external parties. A cohesive project marries interior and exterior design intents.
- Principals of L7 Architecture Inc.
- Project Architect
- Management Team
This role encompasses but is not limited to the following duties:
- Sources and liaises with clients and supply representatives, by phone, email, or in person
- Solicits and may negotiate pricing from representatives; reviews and recommends materials aligned with the client’s needs, support for sustainable materials and identifies options to the Project Manager
- Handles issues, responds to delays and changes for interior renovations as well as commercial new builds
- Accountable for the sample library (samples, swatches, and technical data in hard copy) management
- Provides basic direction drawing/sketching to the Job Captain who will coordinate production
- Creates and presents color boards and makes presentations to provide a variety of perspectives
- Involved in space planning design
- Manages contract administration
- May assist in other areas of the project as required
- Assists in the development and administration of professional design service contracts
- Drafts RFP/RFQ responses and Consultant Agreements
- Oversees packaging of bid documents
- Participates in consultant fee solicitation and selection
- Negotiates or assists in the negotiation of project fees
- Communicates with senior staff and external contacts
- Manages, directs, monitors and reviews work of junior and intermediate staff and design consultants to ensure contract terms are met
- Makes internal and external professional presentations regarding our business
- Confident in resource planning, budgeting, change management, scope management, scheduling and unforeseen issues in managing a project from start to end
- Manages internal project team requirements such as reporting, reviewing and mentoring staff and processes
- Understands the impacts, benefits and risks of various design options on a project
- Understands the needs and expectations of clients
- Demonstrates high importance of project budget monitoring during production, design and construction
- Demonstrates an understanding of finance in business decisions
- Demonstrates an understanding of working with and developing contracts
- Demonstrates professional accountability and integrity
Project Management / Coordination:
- Ensures designs are according to the client’s needs and that clients are satisfied with choices made, as well as ensures materials chosen are appropriate to the project, durable and available to meet the construction schedule
- Communicates effectively, including communicating or interpreting specifications for technical material to non-technical audiences/clients
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of work
- Interacts effectively, engaged in problem solving, negotiation, and supporting a team approach to projects
- Remains current on design standards, new technologies and market trends on design
- Prepares clear and concise reports, drawings, notes, correspondence, meeting minutes and other written materials
- Reviews invoices and identifies discrepancies
- Attends project close-out meetings and provides feedback upon project completion
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
In the following we identify the most important knowledge, skills and abilities including: knowledge about practical procedures, specialized techniques, analytical and conceptual skills and abilities needed for interaction with others.
Degree or diploma in Interior Design from a recognized Institution. Registered with Alberta Architecture Association is an asset. Proficient in AutoCAD/Revit, 3D Software, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, PDF editing software, Harvest time tracking, and Microsoft Office 365.
Minimum 5 years related experience in an interior design, architecture firm or in commercial interiors. General working knowledge of building codes, building structures and construction industry. Understands the value and importance of effective technical documents.
Key Character Strengths
- Champions L7 culture
- Service-oriented; always seeking to add value
- Excellent multi-tasking, coordination and organizational abilities
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade and affect influence on others
- Excellent client relationship skills. An effective communicator with strong listening, oral and written skills
- Strong relationship-management skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse team
- Values individual differences; makes effort to ensure others feel welcomed and accepted
- Adaptable; showing resiliency in our evolving environment
- An effective communicator with strong listening, oral and written skills
- Process-oriented with excellent proofreading and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Enjoys working in a fun, professional environment
- Energetic and results-oriented
- Passion for interior design
Please note, you must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role, and priority will be given to local applicants.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND PORTFOLIO TO INFO@L7ARCH.CA TO APPLY.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.