L7 Architecture is seeking a passionate and talented individual to join our growing team as an Intermediate Architectural Technologist.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Core value-driven culture
- Regular social events
- Collaborative / supportive work environment
- Brand new office with design and collaboration focus
- Professional development opportunities through training courses and mentorship
- Career advancement opportunities
- Diverse duties will allow for growth in a multitude of areas
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Free parking
The Intermediate Architectural Technologist is responsible for assisting the Architect by converting the Architect’s design ideas into working drawings. The position participates in the design and construction process by providing input and support to achieve project objectives. The Intermediate Architectural Technologist also provides technical support, product research and makes recommendations on products. This role will also involve running small projects during the construction document creation phase.
- Principals of L7 Architecture Inc.
- Project Architect / Senior Interior Designer
- Senior Architectural Technologist
- Job Captain
- Contract Administrator
This role encompasses but is not limited to the following duties:
Drawing & Details Delivery:
- Prepares accurate working drawings in AutoCAD and/or Revit, ensuring that they are coordinated with consultants, and everything stays up to date
- Marks up drawings and makes corrections as needed; prioritizes work based on urgency
- Prepares and/or reviews written project specifications
- Assists in the development and maintenance of company drafting standards and standard details and building guidelines
- Oversees smaller project development under guidance from the senior technologist
Design & Construction Support:
- Performs product research for technical additions to drawings and offers recommendations on products to the design team
- Assists in performing both basic and detailed designs
- Researches construction materials and methods for specific project applications; provides input on architectural details and solutions
- Communicates effectively with clients, consultants (structural / mechanical / electrical / civil / landscape) and colleagues to maintain the company’s reputation for quality and commitment to service
- Works with other internal departments, and/or external consultants, as required
- Ensures timely and accurate design and delivery of drawings
- Stays current on technologies and materials through attendance at seminars, product demonstrations, and similar
- Creates all drawings or designs in line with current drafting/design standards, including use of revision control
- Ensures the production of accurate drawings, building details and drawing templates in compliance with applicable building codes and standards. Quickly bring issues forward to the attention of the Architect, Interior Designer, or Senior Technologist
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date filing and cataloguing of drawings and plans
- Maintains up-to-date current company drafting and design standards
- Keeps up to date on building codes, drafting/design practices
- Maintains capability on MS Office, Sketch-up and AutoDesk software
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
In the following we identify the most important knowledge, skills and abilities including familiarity with practical procedures, specialized techniques, analytical and conceptual skills and abilities needed for interaction with others.
Post-secondary diploma in Architectural Technology from a recognized Institution. Proficient in AutoCAD/Revit, InDesign, Photoshop, PDF editing software, and Microsoft Office 365.
A minimum of five years related experience in a North American architecture firm. Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures and has the capabilities to research and communicate clearly. Understanding of building construction and the value of effective technical documents. Knowledge of technical detailing, construction process, construction industry. Ability to visualize – from 2D to 3D. Knowledge of specifications and construction documentation.
Key Character Strengths
- Service-oriented; always seeking to add value
- Champions positive culture
- Excellent multi-tasking, coordination, and organizational abilities
- Process-oriented with excellent proofreading and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- An effective communicator with strong listening, oral and written skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong relationship-management skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse team
- Values individual differences, makes effort to ensure others feel welcomed and accepted
- Adaptable; showing resiliency in our evolving environment
- Enjoys working in a fun, professional environment
- Energetic and results-oriented
Please note, you must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role, and priority will be given to local applicants.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND PORTFOLIO TO INFO@L7ARCH.CA TO APPLY.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.