L7 Architecture is seeking a passionate and talented individual to join our growing team as a Contract Administrator.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Core value-driven culture
- Regular social events
- Collaborative / supportive work environment
- Brand new office with design and collaboration focus
- Professional development opportunities through training courses and mentorship
- Career advancement opportunities
- Diverse duties will allow for growth in a multitude of areas
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Free parking
Under the direction of the Project Architect, the Contract Administrator is responsible to act as the liaison between the client and the general contractor; ensuring the client’s interests are cared for, the design intent is met, the integrity of the contract documents remain intact and followed as part of the contract. Once the tender is awarded, the Contract Administrator acts as an evaluator, arbitrator and negotiator between the client and contractor on proposed changes.
- Principals of L7 Architecture Inc.
- Project Architect
This role encompasses but is not limited to the following duties:
- Educates the client on how a construction project develops; keeping the client informed on progress throughout the life of the project
- Coordinates with, and provides clarification of the contract documents for, the contractor including pricing reviews, invoicing progress, claim reviews, issuing certificates for payment
- Acts as the main point of contact for clarifications, site instructions, change orders, etc.
- Negotiating submitted pricing, field reviews and discussing status of construction, walkthroughs: noting status changes, deficiencies, and similar
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all stakeholders involved on each project
- Interacts effectively, engages in problem-solving and team building, partnering with clients and contractors
- Defines issues, analyzes problems, evaluates alternatives, and develops sound, independent conclusions, and recommendations
Administration & Coordination:
- Administers construction project start-up meetings with Project Architect
- Attends site-meeting reviews, records minutes and distributes to contractors, owners, sub-trades, consultants, and engineers
- Involved in the review, approval and rejection of samples and drawings submitted by contractors ensuring design intent
- Responsible for regular follow up on building permit items, development permits, occupancy permits and warranty issues
- Collaborates with the Project Architect to resolve issues related to authority of jurisdiction, building permits and clarification by the City
- Identifies any post construction deficiencies
- Prepares, interprets, and evaluates planning documents, construction documents and complex design materials
- Composes and presents written documents or reports, including findings and recommendations regarding integrity of contact document specifications
- Completes and submits field reports following each site visit
- Understands, interprets, and applies federal and provincial laws, codes, standards, regulations, and practices applicable for contracts within architectural design, building and facilities construction
- Prepares clear and accurate documents, ensuring timely delivery and communication
- Updates and utilizes L7 standards and templates
- Writes, compiles, and reviews project specifications in conjunction with design and drawings
Arbitration & Negotiation
- May arbitrate on issues such as notice of proposed changes, obtains pricing prior to the owner accepting change, reviews and looks for things missing
- Negotiates with the contractor and discusses with the owner on whether changes are within budget, mediating between contractor and owner regarding issues with pricing or acceptance by the owner. Make changes to contracts, as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
In the following we identify the most important knowledge, skills and abilities including familiarity with practical procedures, specialized techniques, analytical and conceptual skills and abilities needed for interaction with others.
Post-secondary diploma or degree in Architectural Technology or Architecture from a recognized Institution. Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD, project management/submittals, software, Harvest time tracking, and BlueBeam or similar.
A minimum of 8 years of related experience in an architecture firm with a strong understanding of contract documents and construction means. Recognizes the importance of effective implementation of contract documents during the construction phase. In-depth knowledge of technical detailing, construction process, and the construction industry.
Key Character Strengths
- Champions L7 culture
- L7 representative with core value alignment
- Process-oriented with excellent proofreading and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Service-oriented; always seeking to add value
- An effective communicator with strong listening, oral and written skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, coordination, and organizational abilities
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade and affect influence on others
- Adaptable; showing resiliency in our evolving environment
- Strong relationship-management skills with the ability to mentor and work effectively with a diverse team
- Energetic and results-oriented
Please note, you must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role, and priority will be given to local applicants.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND PORTFOLIO TO INFO@L7ARCH.CA TO APPLY.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.